Richmond, VA air conditioners need service every year. How well you maintain your HVAC determines how well the AC system will perform this summer. Here’s a checklist to ensure that you’re covering all the bases:
Maintenance Performed by Your HVAC Contractor
After a detailed inspection of your system, your service technician will identify any potential threats that need correction. Your service technician will also perform the following tasks to restore your system to an optimal condition:
- Thoroughly clean all parts of the unit.
- Check thermostat for energy-efficient settings.
- Inspect and clean the condensate drain line and drain pan.
- Tighten all loose parts and electrical connections.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check and calibrate system controls.
- Check and adjust refrigerant level.
- Check the starting cycle of the system to ensure proper operation.
- Gauge motor current and motor voltage.
- Inspect and adjust the blower assembly for optimum airflow.
- Replace the filter.
AC System Tasks to Perform Yourself
The most important thing you can do is to change your filters regularly. The precise change-out time is usually between 30 and 90 days. When you can’t see the filter through the dust and dirt, it’s time for a replacement. The more people and pets in your home, the more often you’ll need to change the filter.
You should also keep the outdoor unit clean and clear of obstructions like foliage and debris that could impede airflow and damage your equipment. Make sure that the unit is solidly positioned on a level surface. It’s a good idea to flush your condensate drain line with distilled vinegar every few months to prevent algae and mold from growing there.
At AirMaxx Mechanical, we’re committed to your comfort and peace of mind. Besides priority service, our residential service agreements entitle you to discounts on repairs and no wait time for repair parts. Call us at (804) 409-9048, and let us keep your air conditioner in the best condition possible.