Indoor Air Quality Solutions & Services for Chesterfield & the Greater Richmond Area
Making your home airtight increases the efficiency of your HVAC system and helps you save energy. However, as a common drawback, it traps contaminants inside your home and prevents introduction of fresh air, thus negatively impacting indoor air quality. Poor air quality takes a toll on your health and can be a serious concern for members suffering from asthma and allergies. The air quality experts at AirMaxx Mechanical can help you make your indoor air clean, healthy, and breathable. We carry all the major product lines of ventilators, air cleaners, purifiers, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers.
Importance of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Better indoor air quality is good for your own health, as well as that of your property and HVAC system.
- Good for Your Health: Breathing in unhealthy air can result in a number of illnesses like skin irritation, flu, sleep disorders, and breathing problems. For asthmatic and allergic people, it can mean higher risk of attacks due to the presence of allergens.
- Good for Your HVAC System: When the air is cleaner, there is less dust sticking onto the parts and components of your equipment. The air filter stays cleaner for a longer period of time, which extends the life of your equipment and keeps it performing at peak efficiency.
What Pollutes the Indoor Air?
Daily household activities and products in your home release various chemicals, odors, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air. The contaminants could come from activities like cooking, cleaning, and painting, or from products like cooking oil, spices, soaps, detergents, and furniture. Since the contaminants don’t get to escape from your airtight home, they accumulate inside. When the same air circulates over and over again without adding any fresh air into the system, the indoor air becomes stuffy, smelly, unhygienic, and uncomfortable.
Comprehensive Air Quality Solutions
AirMaxx Mechanical offers a variety of innovative products to keep your indoor environment clean and healthy.
- Mechanical Ventilation Systems: Ventilators bring fresh air into the system and send out the stale air, without causing loss of energy. They do so by transferring heat and humidity between the incoming and outgoing air.
- Air Purifiers and Cleaners: Our line of whole-home purifiers remove bacteria and micron-sized particles that usually manage to sneak through the inbuilt HVAC filters.
- Air Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: For a healthy and comfortable environment, relative humidity should be between 40 and 50 percent. Humidifiers add moisture to the extremely dry air in winter whereas dehumidifiers remove the excess moisture from the humid air in summer.
Get an Indoor Air Quality Audit Today
Never compromise on the quality of air you breathe. If you feel your indoor air quality is not what it should be, consult our IAQ specialists right away. We want your Richmond, Chesterfield, Midlothian, Mechanicsville, Chester, Colonial Heights, Prince George, Glen Allen, Henrico County, VA and the surrounding area home and business as healthy as possible, and that starts with healthy indoor air.