Ductless Air Conditioner Services for Chesterfield & the Greater Richmond Area
Ductless AC systems offer a cost-effective heating and cooling solution for homes and spaces where installing ductwork is impractical. They offer the benefit of localized or zoned cooling (or heating) without having to install the costly ductwork. AirMaxx Mechanical has a team of dedicated professionals for installation, repair, and maintenance of ductless air conditioning systems.
Installing Ductless AC: What Does It Involve?
As the name suggests, these systems do not require ducts to function. Each split system includes an indoor and an outdoor unit, which are connected through a conduit pipe. You get full control over the placement of these units. The indoor or the air handling unit can be hung on the wall or ceiling and can blend with your interiors. The outdoor unit, which houses the compressor, is placed outside, making the operation completely noiseless.
Multi-Split vs. Single Systems
In single systems, each indoor unit has its own dedicated outdoor unit. If you are installing split systems in several rooms, you have the option of going for multi-split systems, wherein, multiple indoor units (up to five) are connected to a single outdoor unit. Our AC experts can guide you in choosing the right type of system for your home.
Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning
Ductless mini-split systems are easy to install and offer higher efficiency than traditional centralized systems. When you choose to install a ductless system, you stand to reap a number of benefits:
- Easy to Install: Since there is no ductwork involved, mini-split systems are extremely easy to install. In most cases, our experienced technicians can install the system in as little as a few hours. There are hardly any modifications required to your home’s exterior, and the installation costs are low.
- Higher Efficiency: Installing a ductless system can save you about 30 percent in energy bills. Unlike in traditional systems, there is no energy loss during transit through the ducts. Moreover, you get to heat or cool the rooms you really want to, instead of heating or cooling the entire home.
- Better Comfort and Flexibility: Split air conditioners offer noiseless operation. Occupants in different rooms get to set their own preferred temperatures since each unit has its own thermostat.
Install Them Anywhere You Want
Due to their compact design, ductless systems are suitable for a large number of spaces. You can install them just about anywhere, including:
- Guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Penthouse and attic conversions
- Additional rooms
- Basement and garages
- Home gyms
- Crawlspaces and other enclosed areas
Is a Ductless System Right for You?
If you have a multi-story home or some portion of your home remains unoccupied most of the time, ductless air conditioning makes for an attractive option. It saves you time, cost, and the effort involved in installing the ducts.
Call the Ductless Pros at AirMaxx Mechanical
Contact our air conditioning pros to find out whether a ductless AC system is the right choice for your home or business in Richmond, Chesterfield, Midlothian, Mechanicsville, Colonial Heights, Chester, Prince George, Glen Allen, Henrico County, VA and the surrounding area. Call us to schedule an appointment.
AirMaxx Mechanical has been offering residential and commercial HVAC services including refrigeration services since 2009. We are a family oriented business and believe in creating honest, personal customer relationships. Our NATE-certified technicians are factory trained also. We have been recognized as a Trane Comfort Specialist for our excellent customer service and delivery of exemplary HVAC services.